Friday, March 27, 2009

Blog #14



Love
Many musicians have written songs about love. In general these songs sell well, because they are nice and smooth. They are easy to relate to because everyone knows what love is. In the song, “Hey Mama”, Kanye West sings about the love of his mom. This is one of his earlier songs, and he wrote this before she died. He says, “You work late nights just to keep on the lights/Mommy got me training wheels so I could keep on my bike/And you would give anything in this world/Michael Jackson leather and a glove, but didn't give me a curl/And you never put no man over me/And I love you for that mommy cant you see?” In this quote he is thanking his mom for everything she has done. Whether this was working hard, putting him first or giving him what he needed. Overall love is an important theme in music and Literature.

No comments: